Welcome to the real world.....

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I swear, some days I feel like I never stop. After work today, I went to the gym and worked out for an hour. After I came home I ate a quick dinner, took a shower, and then did dishes and threw in a load of laundry. After that I washed the floors. Man, I am tired!


So.....work has been interesting. Before "Crazy" came to work, the working environment was pleasant. Everyone got along and did their own thing. Once she started working there, we all seem to be more tense. Yesterday, she was working on a report. She found a payment that needed to applied to the account, so she gives me the information. She then puts the file on my desk. I apply the payment and try to give the folder back to her. She says "Oh, I'm done with it. You can put it away."

I look at her and say, "But you got it out, you should put it away." (Note: I also have said this exact same thing to my 3 year old).

She looks at me like I have 3 heads. I can feel my blood beginning to boil, so to avoid a messy disagreement, I put the folder away. I know that I shouldn't have, but we have a small office and sometimes you have to just save face.

I know it seems like I put her down a lot, but I still find it hard to believe that one person can be that lazy and that rude. Every time I try to give her the benefit of the doubt, she does something else I just can't believe. But I have decided to try killing her with kindness. I figure if I'm as sweet as pie, she cannot have anything to complain about.

Thanks for indulging me, all. It's nice to have people who will let you step on a soapbox every once in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home