Welcome to the real world.....

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Heat sucks.

In Wisconsin, we wait through the cold all winter just to get a little bit of warm weather. Then it hits like a ton of bricks. Today it was 81 degrees at 10:30 am. It is only supposed to get down to 73 tonight. In fact, I skipped a party today and spending the night at the in laws tonight because of that. I need my air conditioning on nights like this. I just cannot sleep when I am hot.

No pun intended, but I took a lot of heat for skipping the party today. Frankly, I just didn't feel like going. I have been to family parties for 2 weeks now, and the next two weekends are filled with graduation parties. I really just wanted to stay at home, clean my house, and just do a lot of nothing. Maybe it's a product of being an only child, but I really don't mind being alone sometimes. Miles, on the other hand, is the consummate social butterfly. He loves to be around a ton of people. I'm happy being alone, or with just a couple of close friends. I don't feel the need to be around a ton of people all the time.

And I don't think there is anything wrong with that. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger TacoDave said…

    Nothing wrong with that at all, Tiff. I'm NOT an only child, but I take breaks from my wife and kids and go see movies by myself.

    My co-workers think that's crazy, but I need the "alone with a crowd at a movie" time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home